Bede Honours Boards
The Honours Boards were mounted on the walls, between the windows, of the halls
in both the Boys and Girls Schools. They listed the names of those pupils who had been awarded
Scholarships to the major universities, mainly Oxford and Cambridge, from 1894 through to 1965.
When the school closed in 1991, they were destroyed. However, a set of photographs has survived
for those in the Boys School, and can be seen here.
Should anyone have a set of photographs for the Girls School Honours Boards, the Webmaster would be
delighted to receive a copy, and they would be added to the site.